A few weeks ago I changed our homeschool format. It went from next-to-nothing (new baby, remember) to 1-2 hours in the morning. Here's the catch. They could do whatever they wanted during school time. In our newly finished schoolroom, (Lyman did such an awesome job!!!) each child has their own shelf with their school materials. I spend the time cleaning the house, and if any child doesn't want to "do school" they are welcome to help me clean. Surprisingly, I only had offers to help clean the first day of this new schedule.
DJ is certainly entering Love of Learning phase, for those of you who speak TJed. He spent over 2 hours studying this morning. Of his own free will, and in the subjects he chose. It was awesome!
Gwen is happily reading two new Bobbsey Twins books she bought with her allowance.
William is learning how to add multiple digits.
Amanda is learning letters. She is also potty-training - finally!
Oliver is a master at sitting, and launching himself onto his face. He loves the backyard baby swing.
Lyman is planting trees - cherry, plum, and blueberry. He's had some interviews and promising leads, but no job offers, yet.
I am so excited about our backyard turning into an orchard and garden!
1 comment:
Your new schooling routine sounds like a success! And your lucky children have such a beautiful room in which to learn. I'm so glad your school room is finished! And I'm excited for you to harvest your first fruits from your new trees. :-)
Post a Comment