Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fifth earliest snowfall on record

At the beginning of September I posted that there might be an early winter. Well, the weather cooperated. On October 12th, the Salt Lake valley received measurable snow in the 5th earliest snowfall recorded (since 1928). This doesn't mean winter proper has arrived. We are still experiencing autumn. It just means things they are a changing.

I didn't post this on a whim. I posted it because the PDO has flipped to it's cool phase. This will likely lead to a cooler climate in the western US and ultimately the world. This is the first time since the 1970s that the PDO has been this consistently negative.

Update:
Just so nobody thinks it is Jennifer patting herself on the back: Posted by Lyman :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Don't worry Lyman, I'm pretty sure anyone that knows you will know this is coming from you, and not Jen. Haha! It was good to see you all on Sunday. And Jen your choir rocked!!